Getting Free: How to Overcome Persistent Personal Problems (Ghezzi)
Free yourself from persistent sinful habits, once and for all!
Simple willpower isn't enough when you're struggling against anger, anxiety, addictions, sexual temptations, and other common problems. Bert Ghezzi, author of this engaging and practical guide, insists that the power of the Holy Spirit and only that power is strong enough to overcome these deeply rooted and disheartening difficulties. Best of all, he shows how you can tap into the Spirit's power now.
Ghezzi helps you see exactly what you're up against in dealing with these problems. He details how you can and must be vigilant against temptations, and shows the way to achieve real freedom from evil influences.
His advice, firmly rooted in Scripture, helps you gain the Spirit's power both in your individual spiritual life and in your relationships.You'll learn how to trust Jesus more and to control your thoughts as well as how to let go of grudges and how to place your dealings with others on a firm Christian footing.
Ghezzi's forthright, Holy Spirit-centered approach gives you trustworthy, tested ways to gain the freedom that only God can give.
Say goodbye to those nagging problems for good as you learn:
- Sexual thoughts: when they're sinful, and when they aren't
- Willpower Christianity: why relying on your will to get your life in order is so common and so dangerous
- Seven often-neglected helps God offers to aid you in resisting sinful impulses
- Friendship with the world what it is, and why it makes you an enemy of God
- The one thing you must do to avoid losing all your battles against sin
- How curiosity can lead you into sin, and why you need to be on guard
About the Author
We Also Recommend
"... And you are Christ's": The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life (Dubay)