The Art of Praying (Guardini)
Where did you learn to pray?
At your mother's knee? From the nun or brother who taught your religion class? Has your understanding of prayer matured since then, or do you simply pray, year after year, as you were taught as a child?
No wonder most people have so many erroneous notions about prayer. No wonder our prayers are still far from what they should be!
This remarkable book offers practical ways you can improve your prayers today and grow closer to God. The topics include:
- How to pray well even when your heart is empty
- Determining the prayer schedule that's right for you
- St. Francis of Assisi - the five words that gave this holy man an entire night of contemplation
- The saints: why all Christians should pray to them - and with them!
- Spontaneous prayer - why it can be less genuine than formal prayers
- "Vague cosmic worship" - has it crept into your prayers?
- The Rosary - just how much of it should you be saying?
- The posture of prayer - should you pray sitting, standing, or kneeling? It makes a difference!
- Family prayer: practical hints to make yours even better
- The Psalms, adoration, liturgical prayer…and much more!
"An inspiring prayer guide for us all! Highly recommended."
"Guardini is a master of the spiritual life. It is a blessing to have his book on prayer available in English."
Rev. Benedict Groeschel:
"Long ago, Msgr. Guardini helped teach me how to pray. I still rely on his thought and I cannot recommend this book highly enough."
Rev. George Rutler:
"This book by a true man of prayer has helped me pray better. I am grateful for it."
"You will find yourself instructed, illumined, and bidden to come further into the precincts where prayer is continually offered."
We Also Recommend
"... And you are Christ's": The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life (Dubay)