Humility: Wellspring of Virtue (Von Hildebrand)
Of all sins, pride is the most dangerous . . . and the most sorrowful: it cuts you off from God, estranges you from others, and leaves you lost and unhappy.
These pages show you how to drive pride from your soul. You'll learn to recognize its many forms (including some that masquerade as virtue), and you'll come to see just why they're such barriers to happiness and to holiness.
You'll also discover the incredible strength of humility, the only virtue that has the power to expel every vestige of pride from your soul. These pages will help you to begin experiencing the joys of humility today.
- How humility breaks the back of every form of pride
- Why it is impossible to grow spiritually without humility
- Why humility is a form of strength -- not weakness (as many falsely believe)
- How humility enables you to acknowledge even your gravest sins without despairing
- How humility helps you to see the world clearly, and to love all things in it with greater intensity
- How humility allows you to experience the consolation of God's loving embrace
- Why only humility ensures true freedom
- How humility enables you to see God -- not as a vague presence, but as a Person who knows and loves you
- How humility helps you to see the dignity of every person (even the dignity of those you're tempted to scorn)
- How humility lets you hear God calling you personally to life with Him
- Why you best imitate Christ, Mary, and the saints by striving for humility
- And much more!
"Who would not want to have arguably the greatest theologian and convert maker of the last two centuries at his side as he enters into conversation with the Lord on a daily basis? This book will help you immensely in your struggle for holiness and winning the world for Christ and His Church." -- Fr. C. John McCloskey
Research Fellow at the Faith & Reason Institute
We Also Recommend
New Nazareths in Us: Sermons and Meditations on Seeking Christ and His Mother (Sliwa)